This is an incomplete and ever-evolving list of some of my favourite artists who paint using a soft semi abstract style which brings the focus strongly to the central focus point of the composition.
This particular style I like is quite a Zen, minimalist style where the majority of the composition contains a vastness of space or air, which then zeroes into fine realist details in only a tiny portion of the painting.
These artists paint in several different mediums:
- David Atkins (British oil painter)
- Scott Naismith (Scottish painter)
- Mel Brigg (Australian oils)
- Anne Kindl (USA Dreamscapes pastellist)
- John Lovett (Australian Watercolourist)
Here’s one I painted recently with John Lovett, in watercolour & mixed media: